60% was garbage, 28% was organics and 12% was Blue Bag recyclables. Your Kitchen Catcher and new Waste Cart, coupled with the Town's new Collection Schedule, can help us reach our goal of keeping up to 80 per cent of our waste from going to the landfills.
The NEW Collection Schedule and automated Waste Cart collection service began on April 17, 2012. Your new Waste Cart is the same size as your Organicart and is easy to pull and maneuver. Simply collect your garbage in bags and place them in the Waste Cart for automated collection.
The automated waste and organic curbside collection will:
- make it even easier and convenient for Town residents to store and dispose of their compostable material, recyclables and garbage;
- provide a cleaner, more streamlined method of waste collection;
- alleviate increased costs of garbage collection and transportation;
- support the shared commitment of the Town and its residents to be good environmental stewards and ensure a sustainable community for future generations; and
- assist the Capital Region in achieving its waste diversion goal of 80 per cent by 2022.
When will each receptacle be picked up?
|Household garbage will be collected every two weeks, all-year-round.|
|Organics will be collected every week, from mid-April to mid-October;
between mid-October and mid-April, organics will be collected every two
|will be collected every two weeks, all-year-round.|
WED Zone 2
Country Plains Estates
Genesis on the Lakes
THU Zone 3
Old Town North
FRI Zone 4
Stone Gate Village
4905-51 Avenue Stony Plain Alberta Canada T7Z 1Y1 T: 780.963.2151 F: 780.963.2197